Why have such a programme?
Gateway Arts Limited is committed to nurturing and supporting emerging artists in the field of performing arts, and we believe emerging artists need a supportive boost towards showcasing their work to the public and arts industry.
Gateway Arts Springboard is a presentation platform that identifies, develops and presents original plays by emerging collectives/groups, that have the potential to be spring-boarded onto a bigger stage. This will benefit independent artists or new collectives who lack the financial support, infrastructure, technical resources and exposure that bigger companies have access to. Perhaps thereafter, they will have further opportunities to be presented at festivals, other local stages or even overseas.
This platform provides artists with exposure, and consultation from Gateway Arts’ Artistic Director and the Gateway technical team.
- The work has been performed at least once before, as a work-in-progress, pilot, or incubation
- The artist/collective intends to further develop/refine the work
- The artist/collective must be open to feedback on the work from invited audiences, including professional arts practitioners
- The artist/collective must be willing to collaborate with Gateway Arts on artistic choices pertaining to the production
- If a Creative Team is yet to be appointed, the artist/collective must be agreeable to Gateway Arts proposing candidates
- The artist/collective will credit Gateway Arts, where appropriate, on all publicity material according to the following credit:
Gateway Arts presents “(name of production)” by (name of individual/collective), under the Gateway Arts Springboard Programme
- Payment of all production expenses as agreed upon
- Rehearsal space at Gateway Theatre (details to be shared upon confirmation of successful applicant)
- Venue and production support for the show (with up to four technicians)
- Consultation from Gateway Arts’ Artistic Director
- Consultation from professional industry practitioners
- Feedback from a private audience (This will help to further develop the work)
- Basic marketing support, which includes:
- Listing on Gateway Arts’ website
- Posts on Gateway Arts’ social media platforms,
- Feature in Gateway Theatre’s monthly newsletter
- Feature on Gateway Theatre’s onsite marketing panels