Stand with the performing arts community. Support our arts freelancers.
One-off financial assistance of S$500, limited to one financial assistance per household only.
As our funds are limited, we hope you understand that priority will be given to individuals who bear heavier financial burdens, or are deemed to be urgently in need in the following situations:
- Individuals who are the sole breadwinner and who have sustained loss of income e.g. those who have suffered job loss or loss of income due to cancelled projects arising from the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Individuals whose income is insufficient to cover basic expenses of household.
- Individuals who are single parent families with dependent children.
- Individuals who have dependents e.g. parents and children relying on their income.
Who can apply?
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents, self-employed persons or freelance personnel residing in Singapore, who have worked with Gateway previously and are working in the local performing arts industry.
- We are specifically looking to help those who have suffered job loss or loss of income due to cancelled and/or postponed projects arising from the COVID-19 outbreak, and are now facing great difficulty making ends meet during this challenging period.
- These include, but are not limited to, performers, dancers, musicians, designers, technical and production crew, directors, choreographers, producers, playwrights and magicians (yes, Gateway Arts considers magic as an art form).
Who cannot apply?
- Full-time employees are not eligible.
How to apply?
- All applicants are required to email the completed application form with the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 8 June 2020, 2359 hours.
Applicants are required to prepare and submit the following information at the time of application:
- Name as per NRIC, NRIC last 3 digits, Email & Mobile Number, Residential Information, Job Role, and Bank Account Details;
- Name and Date of your most recent project completed with Gateway, and name of verifying full-time staff;
- Proof of at least one paid work done in the Singapore performing arts scene (theatre, dance or music) between July 2019 to January 2020. This may include payslips, signed contracts or letters of agreement of previous work done;
- Proof of income loss as a result of COVID-19 measures, including cancellation or postponement notices, and signed contracts or letters of agreement from cancelled/postponed projects. Where signed contracts or letters of agreement are not available, the applicant must provide documents that show proof that there was intent to engage applicant’s services, (e.g. email correspondence with the director or producers, rehearsal schedule with applicant’s name, etc.);
- No. of dependants relying on your income and their details (Name, NRIC last 3 digits, Date of Birth, Relationship to Applicant, Occupation);
- Written justification and documents to support why you need this financial assistance (e.g. urgent medical bills or essential expenses that cannot be delayed); and
- List of all other financial assistance schemes you are receiving, including the Self-Employed Person Income Relief Scheme (SIRS).